Resident Meal Plans
In order to meet your campus dining needs, we have designed the following meal plans. If you need to purchase a meal plan or if you would like to make a change to the plan you have already selected, simply contact Residential Life at (812) 237-3993 for resident meal plans or Dining Services at (812) 237-4138 for Commuter Meal Plans. You may also download our Resident Dining Meal Plan Brochure for your reference.
What Meal Plan Do I Need?
The Meal Plan that you need depends on your spending habits and eating patterns. All students are different. Use the link below to find the plan best for you.
Best Flex 12
High Flex 14
Approximately 10 meals per week
Approximately 12 meals per week
Approximately 14 meals per week
Credits are the currency used at the Sycamore Towers, Lincoln Quad Dining Halls and their associated carryout locations. In the Dining Halls, students pay one price at the door and can eat all they like during that meal. In dining hall carryout locations, all items are Ala carte (each item has a price). Use of credits in the dining halls is the best use of your meal plan money.
Commons Cash is currency which can be used at all ISU Dining campus locations. Commons Cash has a dollar for dollar value.
After determining the Flex plan that best fits your lifestyle, choose the amount of commons cash that you will need for the semester.
$102.00 Commons Cash or $6.00 per week for budgeting purposes
$204.00 Commons Cash or $12.00 per week for budgeting purposes
$306.00 Commons Cash or $18.00 per week for budgeting purposes
The NonFlex option is also offered, however this only provides 10 meals in the Dining Hall per week.
- Unused meals are forteited at the end of the week
- Dining in the Commons, Carry outs and satellite locations are not part of this plan.
- Commons Cash cannot be added to the Non Flex plan
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER ABOUT MEAL PLAN SELECTION:
- Do not fear an “under-buy” of the meal plan because with all the Flex plans, you can add Commons Cash (dollar for dollar) or Credits ($.30 each for residents) at any time.
- Do not fear an “over-buy” of the meal plan because balances roll over into the spring semester (as long as you live on campus) and adjustments can be made at that time.
As a reminder, initial resident meal plans can be purchased and added to your University account. Any Commons Cash or Credits that you add at a later date must be paid for at that time.
- Security – Your meal plan account is safer than cash, or any other exchange. In the event of a lost or stolen card, your account can be shut down so there is no unauthorized use.
- Convenience – YOU CAN’T MISS A MEAL! Dining Halls (or carry-outs) offer meal service from 7am-10pm and carry-outs provide food for your room.
In This Section
Lost or stolen Meal Cards
Lost or stolen Meal Cards can be replaced. Should this happen, you can get a temporary 3 meal voucher from the food service office located adjacent to the Residential life offices between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For those times the office is closed, a temporary voucher can be obtained from the Campus Cupboard located in the Hulman Memorial Student Union.
You never have to be too shy to ask for seconds with our Campus Dining Program. Our generous policy allows for a second helping of many menu favorites. All you have to do is ask!
Do you have particular dietary needs? No problem! Our Campus Dining Services Program can accommodate your special dietary requirements. For more information, please contact Susan Cotrell at (812) 237-4318 or email@example.com.
Dining Policies and Procedures
One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable, and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures:
- Please bus your tray and disposables from your table when you have finished dining.
- Please refrain from taking food, dishes, or utensils from the dining area.
- Remember that Meal Cards are non-transferable. Meal cards cannot be used by anyone but the purchaser.