By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Credit?

In the Sycamore & Lincoln Resident Dining Halls each meal has an "admission" price
  • Breakfast: 7 credits
  • Brunch at Sycamore: 9 Credits
  • Lunch: 9 credits
  • Dinner: 12 credits
  • Premium Nights: 14 credits

Present your ID to the checker and your food account is reduced by the number of credits for that meal. Once you're in, the format is all-you-care-to-eat.

What is Commons Cash?

Commons Cash spends just like cash and may be used at any dining location on campus with the exception of the College of Business Cafe. 

Why are resident students with less than 28 credit hours being restricted from using Commons Cash Monday – Friday from 10:30 am –1:30 p.m.?

In order to prevent overcrowding in the Commons during the lunch hour, we ask that students who have residential meal plans dine in one of the dining halls during this peak time. Please note that these restrictions only apply during the fall semester.

Where can I use my Commuter Meal Plan

Commuters may use the meal portion of their plan at Sycamore Dining, Lincoln Dining, Campus Cupboard and Cup and Chaucer located in the Cunningham Memorial Library.  Commons Cash may be used at any dining location on campus with the exception of the cafe in the Scott School of Business.

Why can't I use my credits at George's Cafe?

George’s does not accept credits because they are not part of the residential dining program.  They do, however, accept Commons Cash.  Credits are reserved for Sycamore and Lincoln Dining Halls and their carry out locations.  During hours on the weekend when the resident dining facilities are closed or service is limited, credits are accepted at some of the most popular locations in the Commons: Einstein Bros Bagels, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Taco Bell, Krispy Krunchy Chicken and SubConnection.  

What do I do if I am low on credits?

Simply stop by the Dining Services office and add more credits! Students can purchase extra credits at $.30 each. In addition to adding credits, we will be more than happy to add Commons Cash on a dollar-to-dollar basis. We accept cash, check, and credit cards in the office and credit cards over the phone at x4138. Both credits and Commons Cash can also now be purchased online by clicking Shop Now at the top of the page. 

How can I check my balance?

You may obtain a dining account balance in three ways:

  1. From any checker or cashier
  2. By calling the Sodexo office at x4138

What if I lose my ID card?

It's important to report lost or stolen ID cards as soon as possible. Please contact the food service office at ext 4138 between 8am & 4:30pm Mon - Fri. If the Dining Service office is closed, call the Campus Cupboard at 237-3869 and ask for the supervisor.  Your lost ID card will be coded as lost so that it cannot be used. A temporary meal pass will be given to you for a limited number of meals. If you find your lost card you will need to go to the food service office during regular business hours so that your card can be reactivated. You will need to do this so that we can verify your identity. If you fail to find your card, a new one can be issued from Public Safety for a fee of $15.00.

Can I use my Credits and Commons Cash During the summer?

Academic School Year Converted Credits and Commons Cash cannot be used from 2:00 p.m. on the last day of the spring semester until the Residence Halls reopen in August. You may purchase Commons Cash at the Dining Services Office for use during the summer.

At the end of the semester, what happens to my leftover credits?

It depends on where you will be living during the next academic year. 

If you are...

Returning to the Residence Halls
By indicating on the housing survey that you will return to the Halls in the fall, your leftover Credit balance will automatically convert (@.20/credit) and be added to your fall Resident Meal Plan as Commons Cash.

Not Returning to the Residence Halls

If you do not return to the Residence Halls, your Credits and Commons Cash are forfeited at the end of the spring semester UNLESS you have returned a Commuter Meal Plan Reservation Form by the last day of the Spring Semester and paid for said plan by August 31 of the new school year. If these two criteria are met, your Credits &/or Commons Cash will be held and added to your Commuter Plan as Commons Cash in the fall. 

Must I convert my Credits to Commons Cash?

If you are returning to the residence halls in the fall, you DO NOT NEED TO CONVERT your Credits unless you want extra Commons Cash this Semester. If you will be living off campus in the fall, do not plan to buy a Sycamore Plan, Forest Plan or ISU Ultimate Commuter Meal Plan, and you have extra Credits, it may benefit you to convert them to Commons Cash and spend it before the end of the semester.

May I convert Campus Credits to Commons Cash and Vice Versa?

Credits may be converted to Commons Cash, but Commons Cash cannot be converted.

When is the last day to convert?

The last day to complete the conversion form is the last day of each spring semester.

What if I have more questions?

You may call the Dining Services Office at x4138, or come see us in Erickson Hall during normal business hours.

Indiana State University | Dining Services | 218 N. 6th St. Erickson Hall | Terre Haute, IN 47809 | tel. (812) 237-4138 | Contact Us